The SFA Development Office's purpose is to strategically raise funds for general operations in addition to tuition assistance, educational programs, and the community center. Since its inception, St. Frances Academy has relied upon the support of generous individuals, foundations, and corporations to fulfill its mission.
St. Frances Academy accepts donations directly via cash, credit, checks, stock transfers, and online gifts. Gifts can also be made by credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- Make a gift today
- Annual Fund
- Making a Pledge to St. Frances Academy allows you to make a substantial gift to the school while paying it over a designated period of time.
- We encourage matching monetary donations/gifts or volunteer time from your employer. Forms are available from your company's human resources office. This takes minimal effort and can double or triple the value of your original donation.
- Endowments & grants - The Development Office is proud to oversee a growing number of endowment and named scholarship funds that have been established to provide financial assistance to students who wish to attend St. Frances Academy.
- Stock donations, or the proceeds from such, are accepted at fair market value and can be directed to the Annual Fund, an endowment, or tuition assistance.
- Bequests to St. Frances Academy are exempt from estate taxes under Maryland law up to one million dollars. A donation of real estate to St. Frances Academy can reduce estate taxes.
- A life insurance policy is a convenient option for supporting the school. Simply name St. Frances Academy as the owner of a paid policy and as the beneficiary.
- Why Give?
Regardless of your age or the size of your estate, there are many vehicles which allow you to balance your own income needs, the needs of your family, and your philanthropic interests. You can help to ensure St. Frances Academy's financial foundation without affecting your current lifestyle.
- Make us a gift that costs nothing in your lifetime - make us beneficiary of your will or revocable trust, or beneficiary of your retirement plan. This allows you to leave your cash flow and current financial planning uninterrupted.
- You do not have to use cash to make your gift. You can give us appreciated securities instead, and use an asset that costs you less that the tax deduction you will receive for it today.
- Make St. Frances Academy a partner in your giving. You can deed us your home but continue to live there, and you can make a gift that pays you lifetime income by creating a charitable remainder unitrust or annuity trust.
- You may be holding assets that would benefit St. Frances Academy more than they do you - such as a life insurance policy that you no longer need, or a collection of artwork that you no longer have room to display.
Contact our Development Director, Brian Boles, at 410-539-7030 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.St. Frances Academy is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Contributions are tax deductible, are acknowledged as such, and are listed in our Annual Report for the fiscal year ending June 30th.